Pipe expansion joints provide axial movement absorption and maintain the pipeline security. A heating pipeline system at 90/70°C causes approximately 3 mm of movement for each floor of the buildings. For the buildings higher than 10 floors, use of the pipe expansion joints becomes compulsory in order to absorbe total expansion amount. Pipe expansion joint application must be repeated for every 10 floors.
This type of expansion joints are used to absorb axial and lateral movements in all planes.
The amount of lateral deflection depends on the convolution number of the bellows on each side of the expansion joint. This amount can also be increased by changing the length of the intermediate pipe. Hinges and gimbals provide proper positioning and prevent installation inaccuracies.
Advantages of Pipe Expansion Joints
- They prevent damage to pipelines result of the line movements
- They absorb the possible noises and provide convenience for the users
- They are installed easily and provide time and money saving
- They have a compact and decorative design that reduces the waste of space
- They help to protect equipment from stress due to misalignment
Bellow Material: Stainless Steel AISI 316L / AISI 321
Body Material: Aluminium (Opt. Stainless Steel)
Connection Types: Threaded and Welded End
Operating Temperature: Max 100°C
Operating Pressure: PN 16
Nominal Diameters: DN15 (1/2”) – DN100 (4”)