Bettis CBA-300 Series Pneumatic Actuators
Application and Features
• The actuators are PED 97/23/EC compliant to meet the stringent requirements of pressure mounting vessels.
• The 300-Series actuators meet both IP66 and IP67M specifications for submergence and severe high pressure water deluge test. This offers superior water ingress and corrosion protection. The actuator has no gaskets and is totally O-ring sealed.
• Its NAMUR topworks mounting configuration allows the CBA-300 to be internationally accepted and promotes the ability to utilize standardized accessories that can be close coupled or direct mounted to the valve.
• The CBA-300 Series provides models in both spring-return and double-acting configurations. They have guaranteed minimum torque outputs ranging from 7,388 lb-in to 20,337 lb-in (835 to 2,333 Nm) in double-acting models. Springreturn models, requiring pressure from only one travel direction, are available for fail clockwise or counterclockwise applications. The spring ending torques range from 2,532 lb-in to 10,457 lb-in (286 to 1,182 Nm).
• The scotch-yoke design provides optimum torque curves for quarter-turn operation.
• Its light weight assists in easy installation while its compactness allows use in tight piping configurations
• Increased actuator efficiency and corrosion resistance are possible with a Xylan fluoropolymer coating on the interior of the power cylinder. This permanentlybonded coating is highly resistant to abrasion, thermal shock and provides excellent lubricity and low friction properties.
• Ductile iron housing and piston provide more strength per pound, increased durability and corrosion resistance. The pressure vessel quality housing is approved for use by ASME and the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 97/23/EC).
• Close Loop Instrument System for actuators is strongly recommended for the following applications: High humidity; Salt air; Corrosive dust; Inks and dyes; Wash Downs. The closed loop system routes the operating media being exhausted from the power side of the cylinder to the vented side of the cylinder. Maximum pressure on the vented side of the power cylinder is to be 5 to 8 psig.
• Five-Year Warranty